Terrapin Crossroads. San Rafael, California. April 2017.
Dan Barman, a dad (shown here with a friend’s kid) and well known Brooklyn based drummer.
Terrapin Crossroads is owned by Phil Lesh, bassist of The Grateful Dead. The outdoor patio is open to the public many weekends in the Spring, where families can hear this legend jam with other musicians, eat, drink and kids can play on the playground.
The fashion for The Grateful Dead dad is really all about the hair & the big smile (they are so happy to take their kids to hear Phil Lesh), but here are my observations;
- beards, really thick & long – or just messy & scruffy
- T-shirts from old concerts, or just a soft cotton solid
- Sandals, did not notice any Birkenstocks
- long hair.. the curlier, the better. Dreads always preferred
- bohemian man buns, which are not to be confused with the popular “man bun”.
- bun is looser
- intentional messy look
Such a good dad protecting his daughter’s ears.
This dad has amazing hair, those waves!! It was a gorgeous weekend, very good hair weather.